Sunday, January 8, 2012

Burning Pain where neck and base of skull meet behind left ear?

First I should start with a few details about myself, I am 23, male quit smoking cold turkey 3 months ago and only have an occasional drink among friends, I have deployed to a war zone multiple times and in general quite healthy. Recently I've been noticing an onset of symptoms (though I can't tell you exactly when they began, but they didn't start at the same time) that have caused me and my partner some concern. The first symptom began about a week ago, a burning sensation in my upper neck close to the base of my skull on the left side close to my ear, I only feel the burning when pressure is applied. Along with this symptom I've been waking up with splitting migraine-like headaches that will often last for days at a time with slight dizziness and loss of hand eye coordination. I also feel a detachment from the world around me, and seem distant from people I have known all of my life, which usually leads to depression until I am able to get to sleep, which is a difficult task in itself due not feeling as like I'm getting enough air, tossing and turning, and waking up suddenly feeling like I stopped breathing. On my drives to work my mind will wander off into strange violent scenarios and episodes of rage that I simply cannot deter. I haven't spoken with a doctor yet (being in the military I'd like the advice of a civilian doctor before I am discharged with a week's worth of Motrin, orders to drink more water and a bunch of nasty jokes). Hopefully somebody can help point me in the right direction, Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment